Dr. Jones and his staff are absolutely lovely and very welcoming. As a new patient you always go into a new office nervous of the unknown and what it’ll be like. Barbie is very welcoming and helpful and it shows why she is the first face you see when you walk in. I highly recommend Dr Jones for his wisdom, easy going nature ,and attention to detail. So glad to have been recommended by many to your office!
Most of us have heard time and time again about the benefits of drinking water. It flushes bacteria out of your body, helps you maintain a normal temperature, and so much more. However, water also benefits your oral health too. We’re sharing a few of those reasons with you today.
- It rinses out bacteria.
Every time you drink water that will wash away the bacteria in your mouth. While it’s might be tastier to drink iced tea, fruit drinks, or sports beverages, those can leave a sugar residue in your mouth. This can result in bacteria and wear away your tooth enamel.
- It keeps your mouth smelling fresh.
Does your breath not smell too fresh? The answer lies in drinking plenty of water. It gets rid of the food particles and washes away the bacteria which can both influence the smell of your breath.
- It strengthens your teeth.
If your city has fluoridated water it will actually strengthen your tooth enamel and reduce your risk for cavities. The low level of fluoride in drinking water will prevent tooth decay and can actually rebuild the surface of your teeth. If you are at high risk for cavities or live in an area without fluoridated water, we can discuss a potential fluoride varnish that will protect your smile.
- It reduces the stains on your teeth.
If you enjoy foods and beverages like wine, coffee, tea, or berries, for example, that can cause staining on your teeth. However, if you have a bit of water after, that will help eliminate that discoloration. While it won’t totally whiten your teeth, it will help reduce the number of stains on your teeth. If you want a fresh start with white teeth, contact us about our teeth whitening services.
Tips for Drinking More Water Throughout the Day
If you struggle with drinking water during the day, we have a few tips for you to keep in mind that can encourage your water drinking habits:
- Add a bit of sliced citrus fruit or berries to your water bottle for flavor. It’s a way of enjoying the flavor of water without adding sugar.
- Sip it slowly throughout the day rather than in one sitting. This allows for better hydration!
- Make it part of your daily routine, such as drinking water first thing in the morning and before every meal.
- Set a water drinking goal, such as four 8-ounce glasses of water before 2 p.m., and enjoy the remaining 4 8-ounce glasses throughout the evening.
Whether you need preventive care or want to improve how your smile looks, we’d love to be your partner in oral care. Call us at 707-210-0304 to schedule your next appointment in Petaluma, CA.